In an effort to help you understand your insurance policy and maximize your insurance benefits, we would like to share some information about dental insurance with you.
- All co-insurance payments and deductibles (if applicable) are due at the time of service.
- Your dental insurance is a contract between you, your employer, and the insurance company.
We are not a party to that contract.
- Dental insurance is NOT meant to cover all fees. It is meant to be an aid to your investment in your child’s dental health care. Many routine dental services are not covered by dental insurance.
- Usual, Customary or Reasonable Fees (UCR), a term used by your insurance carrier, is an amount which the insurance company chooses to pay for each procedure. Based on the average charge of practicing specialists in the area, the insurance company decides on the “allowable” amount they will reimburse based on your contact provisions. Many dental companies have not revised their UCR fee for several years.
- Some insurance companies will base their reimbursement on an arbitrary fee schedule. This fee schedule bears no relationship to the current standard cost of care in our area. The UCR does not apply to these plans.
- We will file your insurance claim electronically at no charge. In order to provide this service, we will need your updated and accurate insurance information before each appointment.
- We are in-network with Anthem Insurance, Delta Dental Insurance and Cigna Insurance.